Journalism is not a one-way street
Interactivity means offering ways for readers to interact with stories and journalists. That could mean:
- commenting on a story
- emailing the writer
- contributing more information
- finding more information
- offering opinions
- connecting with people who are interested in the same issues …
Tools for interactivity
- Invite readers to contribute when you are writing the story.
- Offer ways to connect with other people — organizations that offer help, organizations that are organizing around the issue, politicians and government officials
- Use social networking tools in reporting and in the story:
– more …
How can readers connect with you and your story? (email, comment, etc.)
How have you used social media in reporting a story?
In what other ways could you use social media tools in reporting?